Saturday, March 27, 2010

How far is Orlando?

Hello,



I have friends whom want to go to FMB, the only problem is they are going to Disney also. How far, say hours, is it from FMB to Orlando?



They will not attempt both if its not worth it, they will, of course, choose FMB!!! Thanx.



Oh yes, they will only be there for 8 days!



How far is Orlando?


Well, from FBM, I%26#39;d count on 20 mins to 75 north. From there, I%26#39;d say 2 hours to tampa...then another 45 minutes west Interstate 4 (going East); THAT of course, is based in no traffic on I4 towards disney (this I would not a attempt anytime past 3pm)



How far is Orlando?


Agreed with those times except the last one (45 minutes from Tampa to Orlando). It will be at least 1 hour plus, maybe 1 hr. 15 minutes for that portion.




It took me 3 hours 15 minutes from the south end of Ft Myers Beach to Disney in November.




Thank you all! Wow! That is a long ride, considering the destination will not be of one to rest!! I will tell our friends to forgo the Disney trip...thanx again!!




I just drove to Orlando and back today -- I was almost exactly 1-1/2 hours from one of Tampa%26#39;s southern suburbs to the Disney World exit.





I can be on Ft. Myers Beach in just about 2 hours flat.





So 3-1/2 hours each way -- if traffic is clear -- there was, by the way, an accident in the other lanes this morning that stopped traffic completely for at least 5 miles.





From mid-November to Easter, make sure you add 45 minutes to that drive time -- you%26#39;ll need it because of sheer volume between Tampa and Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment