Saturday, March 27, 2010

Any help is appreciated!!

I%26#39;ve been a long time lurker on this forum (and I have posted a few times) so I am hoping anyone can help me!!





Once again we are coming down for a week in March 08 (yes it%26#39;s early...but I love Key West and I%26#39;m excited). I%26#39;m a teacher so it%26#39;s the only time I can go and I want to get a head start on planning!





My question is this......has anyone heard anything about Cristal Clear Rentals, I think it was formerly the Real Estate Co of Key West? I have found a house I am interested in and I want to know if any locals or anyone else has heard of them whether it%26#39;s good.... or not so good. We have used some of the others rental agencies (At Home in KW) and I%26#39;m looking to try something new. There will be 6 adults (over 30) on this trip. The website had some nice pics posted but I want to make sure this company is reputable. Thanks to all who can help me!





Also, what do you suggest for charter boats? Even though we are experienced boaters, we have no intention of trying to go at it in Key West. We would prefer to charter one for just our group and no one else...cost isn%26#39;t a factor, but we don%26#39;t want to get ripped off either.





Thanks everyone!!



Any help is appreciated!!


I can personally vouch for At Home In Key West. I%26#39;ve rented condos through and they are professional and provide excellent service. I wouldn%26#39;t hesitate to use them again.





http://www.athomeinkeywest.com/



Any help is appreciated!!


Thanks! We have used them before and never had any problems. I just happened upon this place and it looks spacious, lots of bathrooms (3 women...need I say more?). Like I said, just looking for some feedback. If I don%26#39;t hear any responses, I will most likely go back to At Home In KW. Thanks SimKeith.




I have never heard of them. I have used this company many times for friends and family and everyone has always been happy.





www.vacation-homes-of-key-west.com




Cristal Clear Rentals is a Cay Clubs company. Do a search on them and you will find they have been having some financial issues lately. I have no idea if this will affect their rental business but definately good to know before doing business with them. Also you will have no trouble finding non-fans (to be as polite as possible) of Cay Clubs because of their aggressive expansions in the keys.




For a charter suggestion, Echo Charters. They are the smallest, and thus least expensive, catamaran which you can charter all to yourselves. (6 people would be perfect) If you check their web page





www.dolphinecho.com





you will see all of the choices for an individual charter.





Pjk




Cristal Clear is part of Cay Club international, a Co that doesn%26#39;t sit well with a lot of folks in the Keys. However, they do have some beautiful properties. I think you would be fine renting from them, except for one property that I can think of, but it%26#39;s in the middle Keys. I have friends that work for the co and I think you would be safe renting from them, I just can%26#39;t say I would for political reasons.




I just wanted to say thanks for all of the helpful tips. That%26#39;s why I love this forum!! I think we will use At Home In KW after reading the different opinions. I just don%26#39;t need the hassle , especially in Key West.





Also, thanks to Pjk for the charter tips, I%26#39;m looking into it now. School has already started for me and I%26#39;m already counting down for my spring break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment