Wednesday, March 31, 2010

St Augustine Hotels

Hi there, has anybody recently returned from St Augustine? I have exhausted all of the theme parks, and wanted to spend 2 weeks touring florida, with my family, startin with St Augustine. Can anyone recommend it? Also, any Hotel recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to any responses.



St Augustine Hotels


Woffer73, Yes, there are a lot of wonderful places in Florida other than the theme parks, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. As far as accomodations, there a lot of really wonderful Bed %26amp; Breakfast in the Old City. I have stayed at the St. Francis Inn and the Kenwood Inn several times and enjoyed them very much. The last time I was in the Old City we stayed at the St. George Inn and I really like it, it is in a great location. Do some searches on St. Augustine, there is a lot of information on the web to help you plan your vacation. I would also recommend you visit Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach which is north of St. Augustine, very beautiful area. Have fun.



St Augustine Hotels


Thanks so much for your reply. This is my first ever post on trip advisor, and i%26#39;m very grateful for your suggestions. I%26#39;m really looking forward to seeing some of the original culture of florida. Thanks once again!




Woffer



St Austine is lovely, another option is to stay on the beach, we have had some great times there, very relaxing.



We stayed at the Days Inn, which is fairly new and fairly priced and a short drive to the town or there is a shuttle bus from the beach.



Don%26#39;t miss the Fort for a day out in the old town, so interesting, the guides are brilliant.



You would be amazed how much you can see of Florida in 2 weeks- we used to do the Orlando thing but now have travelled to most places in Florida.



Our favourite is St Pete Beach (!) on the Gulf Coast but we also love Miami and Fort Lauderdale, there is so much more to Florida than Orlando.



Going back in 3 weeks for 3 weeks, we will have 2 nights in Orlando(for the shopping) then to Titusville, Miami, Naples and St Pete.



Any more questions please ask and welcome to Trip Advisor!



GP




Hi woffer73,



We visited St Augustine about a week ago and it is a fantastic place, after reading some of the posts on here I decided to go and was not disappointed, there was a tram that took you arround all the interesting places for $20 and the ticket lasted 3 days. I also wanted to visit Fort Laurderdale but never got there.





Max




Saint Augustine is a wonderful place and one town I wish that I could visit more often. Have a look at the Clarion Casa Del Mar.




I shall repeat my spiel: pick a top rated B %26amp; B on this site or a top rated hotel/motel. All other hotels will be old and moldy no matter what their website looks like. I go by reviews that says a place excels. What%26#39;s your criteria?



You can always drive out to the beach for the day or every day; but the historic old city is the place to be! Then you can walk to wonderful restaurants in the evening. Read the reviews and believe them!



Service is key for me. And a quiet area, an excellent breakfast and on site parking. And onsite owners running the place (not just run by employees).



A showplace is not what gets me. I go by reviews that say a place excels. What%26#39;s your criteria? I mean there are so many websites available for resort reviews like Trip Advisor and lots more, but some people just book their vacation and hope for the best and these are the people I find who complain the most after the fact. Preparedness certainly can impact how you enjoy and rate your vacation.



Don%26#39;t book at a dump here with bad reviews and then complain later. If you find a place that has an outrageously lower price than everyone else and seems too good to true....................you know the old saying............ It is always wise to do your homework like this.



Believe the reviews and you will be fine. 50 - 100 reviews don%26#39;t lie! Enjoy our great city! You will love it here! See ya soon!




Definately trust the reviews. I have stayed at a few hotels on the beach.......BEFORE i was a tripadvisor member......and the reviews are pretty much right on. I wish i had found this website before i had stayed at those places......St. Augustine Beachfront Resort was one of them! I love St Augustine and love walking around in the shops in the historic district. I have never stayed at a B%26amp;B or hotel in the district but will do this on my next trip there. We usually stay on the beach but it%26#39;s hard to find a decent hotel. We did stay at the Castillo Real which in my opinion is one of the nicer hotels but it%26#39;s not directly on the beach. I would prefer to stay in the historic district where you can walk to everything.




Daysinn on st aug beach has good reviews and beach is just 2 minutes by walking and 5 min drive into historical sites of st aug. If u stay in town and you can still easily drive to the beaches in 5 minutes whenever you want to come to the beach.




Woffer, you will love the Old City. I would stay in the Old City unless you are a total beach lover. Then you can jaunt out to the beach for the day or afternoon and come back to the ambiance of the city at night - walk to restaurants, pubs, etc. There is so much to do and see and many many wonderful restaurants - amazing for such a small town.



Enjoy, and let us know ALL!!! We need feedback !




We just spent another week in St Aug. in July. We stay out at our timeshare on the beach and it is only a few minutes to the city by car. We love the beach area. We have a one bedroom sleeps 4 on St Augustine beach in Nov not sure yet if we%26#39;ll be able to get away, but I can always rent it if we can%26#39;t make it.



Be sure to visit the lighthouse great view!

No comments:

Post a Comment