Saturday, March 27, 2010

POR AB vs. Magnolia

Hi,



I am having a very difficult time deciding between the AB section and the Magnolia section, as far as decor. Does anyone have any pics. or links to pics. they could tell me where to access where I might get a really good idea of the difference in the updated interior between the two? I know that the AB section has the trundle bed, but, we%26#39;re a party of two adults and 1 child, so, this is not a factor for us. Thanks.



POR AB vs. Magnolia


There are some ';outdated'; photos on the allears site of both sections, but the decor of both sections have been updated since these were taken:





http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_dxl.htm







I personally love the A.B. side better. It%26#39;s more ';garden like'; and more ';private'; to me.



POR AB vs. Magnolia


Hey,





I found some more updated photos on the ';hotel review'; here on T.A.





Go to this link and at the top of the page, click on the link ot ';candid photos'; where you can see some photos of the updated decor.





tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34515-d125310-鈥?/a>




You%26#39;re so helpful! Thanks to your help on all my million posts :-) I am clueless! I was 13 last time I was at Disney :-)




def. stay on the ';mansions'; side... I didn%26#39;t like Alligator Bayou one bit...




Which Mansions are best to request?





I have heard Magnolia terrace or Acadian house?




Personally, I prefer the mansion side better. There%26#39;s nothing like walking across the bridge in the morning that crosses the Sassagoula River. It seems so peaceful over there! Either way you can%26#39;t go wrong with a stay at Riverside, it%26#39;s great!!!




As far as the location, and which building is best, I%26#39;ve been trying to determine this same thing, and, what was most helpful to me was to go to www.wdwinfo.com and download a map of the PO property. It shows you the entire Port Orleans resort, FQ and Riverside, both sections. It also shows you where the main pool is, where the quite pools are, all of the bus stops, restaurants, marina, etc. That way, you can decide for yourself which location is best based on what you want to be close to, whether that be closest to the restaurants, right by a bus stop, or right by the main pool, and so on. I found this extremely helpful. Now, if I could just decide which decor I liked better!




You are absolutely right about studying the map. It is quite helpful! As for Magnolia Terrace vs. Acadian House they are right next to each other. I%26#39;ve never stayed at Magnolia, but I have stayed in the Acadian and liked it very much. I think that they are pretty comparable as far as looks and amenities are concerned. They are both very nice!




We stayed in the Acadian House and absolutely LOVED it. We paid for the water view, our room was on the second floor with the stairs to the quiet pool area just outside the door. Although people swam at night we never heard any extra noise. We loved the decor and the location. There are many quiet areas to just sit and relax and enjoy the view. The walk to the main pool is very short, just over a bridge. The walk to the main building and food court is also very short.




NAKT %26gt; Did you make a choice?





Just Curious

No comments:

Post a Comment