Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Brits CAN belong to CAR HIRE ';express collection'; schemes...

I saw some mis-information on another thread... someone said that British people cannot belong to car hire rental companies%26#39; ';frequent renter';/';express collection'; programmes. That is a load of rubbish...





I am British and belong to the Hertz%26#39;s programme. I know other Brits who belong to Avis%26#39; and Dollar%26#39;s programmes.





I highly recommend joining the one for the car hire company that you most frequently use - it can cut down a LOT of queueing!!





For example, at Hertz, I just get off at the seperate Gold bus stop. I read my name on the Gold board and it will indicate a car parking space. I go to that space, load my luggage in the back and drive off (keys in the car). I show my drivers licence and hand-in the bit of paper that says I want to pre-pay my fuel at the booth at the exit to the car park. That is it - no queueing...





With Hertz you generally need to rent direct through their website to get their gold service (assuming you have signed up for it). But I believe that with Dollar you can use the express line no matter how you rented your car (if you have signed up for the express service).





Hope that makes life easier for some :-)



UCC



Brits CAN belong to CAR HIRE ';express collection'; schemes...


I%26#39;m in the UK too , have joined the Dollar Express program and used it sucessfully earlier this year.





If you book via uscarhire.co.uk they even RECOMMEND that you join.



Brits CAN belong to CAR HIRE ';express collection'; schemes...


That was going to be my question. I have booked via Carhire3000, but I will be collecting the car from Dollar. I really like the sound of the Express service, but wasn%26#39;t sure if I could join since I didn%26#39;t book directly with Dollar.



Wingnutz, how did you get the Dollar reference number that they require for joining?



Thank you.




ClareGirl70,





go on the the Dollar website (the US .com one NOT the UK .co.uk one). Sign up for the Express programme. You will then get your membership card posted to you. Once you have the card with your number you can either e-mail them with the details of your current car hire details and get them to %26#39;add%26#39; it to your Express membership (the address is under the membership FAQ page) or if it%26#39;s a new booking quote it then.





Hope this helps...




Clare





You don%26#39;t need a reference number, do you?





Have you tried registering here - dollar.com/expressmember/鈥?/a>





UCC




Thanks a mil. Will get on to that a.s.a.p.

No comments:

Post a Comment