Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day trip in Tampa - parking?

Hi! I%26#39;ve been reading the board but I have a question of my own I thought I%26#39;d throw into the mix.





I%26#39;m staying in Kissimmee next week, but we%26#39;re taking a day trip to Tampa to see the D-Rays on Saturday. If we head over early in the morning with our rental car, would it be wise to park near Tropicana Field and tool around the city all day from there? Or would we be wise to keep our car with us? We don%26#39;t have too many must-see destinations, but we%26#39;d certainly like to get to a nice quiet-ish beach and maybe the aquarium.





Just thought I%26#39;d see if anyone has any thoughts on the matter. Thanks!



Day trip in Tampa - parking?


You%26#39;ll need your car with the aquarium close to downtown Tampa and Tropicana Field in St Pete. Then if you want to get to the beach,you %26#39;ll have to drive out to St Pete Beach (different town from St Pete) or the like. Actually...I think you%26#39;d enjoy seeing Ft Desoto, one of the prettiest beaches in the area and that definitely takes a car as well. You really can%26#39;t do much walking at all from Tropicana Field.



Day trip in Tampa - parking?


Thanks, OO. That%26#39;s very helpful.




Go to www.flaquarium.org -- the homepage for the aquarium, or googlemap Tampa.





The Trop is in St. Petersburg -- about 15 miles (city traffic) from the aquarium -- Fort DeSoto is another 10 miles (city traffic) from the Trop (the opposite way from the aquarium). Fort DeSoto is gorgeous, but has no restaurants/bars/etc -- it%26#39;s a state park.





I%26#39;d start at the aquarium (opens 9 am), then go to St Pete for the game (afternoon game, I think) -- then have a drink and maybe dinner on St Pete Beach, before making the looong (2 hours) drive back to Kissimmee)




Free parking at the Trop! I suggest seeing the sights (Dali Museum, The Pier, Museum of Fine Arts, ST Pete Beach) in the morning /afternoon %26amp; driving to the Trop for the game.. FREE parking at Tropicana Field.

No comments:

Post a Comment