Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hotwire Deals

Has anyone used Hotwire Deals? It is scary because you do not know where you are booking, only the general area. I was interested in a 3-3.5 star condo they had for $84-106 in the Lake Buena Vista area. I%26#39;d like to stay close to the parks and preferably not rent a car. We%26#39;ve stayed at Downtown Disney Double Tree in the past but the rates are higher now. Thanks for any feedback.



Hotwire Deals


Check www.betterbidding.com for the list of Hotwire hotels and condos. I%26#39;ve never used Hotwire because they have no advantage over Priceline-which I use a lot-and their prices are much higher.



Hotwire Deals


I sue Priceline too, not hotwire.





But if you really must not drive you really needy to pick your actual hotel. I%26#39;m not sure how much you will save after paying for a taxi to/from the airport plus extra ones etc.





So keep checking prices online at the hotel%26#39;s own website, or on other websites like Hotel.com, expedia as they have specials. Or branch out slightly. If you go a mile away from the Doubletree, you get the Staybridge Suites, and Cypress Pointe which will have rooms under $99 per night (the CP ones with 2 beds, full kitchen and w/d). These are walking distance to 5-10 restaurants depending on how far you like to walk and how hot/rainy it is. Also have a pharmacy and grocery store nearby. And less than a $10 taxi to DTD for the evenings, plus they have shutlles to the parks.




that should be use not sue of course ;-)




Hi,



My friend just use priceline last week and got the The Palms Hotel and Villas in Orlando. She was not very happy with this hotel and ended up checking out early. Hope this helps!




I%26#39;ve used Priceline to stay in Miami 3 times, plus San Fran, Wash DC, Heathrow. And rented a car in Ohio. Never had a problem, sometimes a place wasn%26#39;t as good as I%26#39;d hoped, but for the prices I paid (like $55 a night) I was always happy enough.





I don%26#39;t use it if exact location/amenities are important ie beach Front etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment