Sunday, March 28, 2010

Islamorada for a long weekend. Where to stay?

My fiance%26#39; and I love the keys and want to stay in Islamorada for a long weekend at the end of October. We would like to stay at a resort that has a nice beach and pool and is walking distance to bars and restaurants. We looked at maybe Casa Maroda or maybe the Chesapeake. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated and thank you.



Islamorada for a long weekend. Where to stay?


Islander, Cheeca Lodge %26amp; Carribean Resort are also in walking distance to bars/ stores/ restaurants. They are near the Wide World Sportsman which has a bar inside and the Islamorada Fish Company restaurant next door. Also they are across the street from the Lor e Lei and Morada Bay. Cheeca has the most amenities on site.



Islamorada for a long weekend. Where to stay?


Both Casa Morada and Chesapeake are nice properties. But, I am not a big fan of the restaurants next to Chesapeake. On the weekends you get a large Miami crowd where the restaurants are, although in Oct it the Mia crowds don%26#39;t come down as much.





The Moorings has the best beach in Islamorada, they have a couple of rooms in the $250 night range, and I think the Moorings is one of the most beautiful properties in the Keys. Kon Tiki is on the bayside and has a nice waterfront area. When we stay there we walk to Morada Bay, Kaiyo, Green Turtle, Pierre%26#39;s and Lor a lei (which is next to Casa Morada) I can%26#39;t recommend Islamorada fish Co, but it%26#39;s close by all of these. La Jolla Resort has cute rooms and is next to Casa Morada, although it doesn%26#39;t really have a beach.





If you like wine...(going by your name) Ziggy and Mad Dogs, Uncles, and Pierre%26#39;s all have a nice selection.





My husband is from Greesburg, PA. He says hello.




Thanks for the info guy%26#39;s, we can%26#39;t wait to be back in the keys. The restaurant info sounds good too, we heard good things about Uncle%26#39;s. When my fiance%26#39; ask me what time is it I always tell her it%26#39;s time for wine, that%26#39;s how I got the name.





Bluewater, tell your husband that we are from White Oak, next to Irwin in North Hundington. He will probably will know where that is. I bet he really misses winter in PA!




Uncle%26#39;s and Bentleys are 2 must eat places in Islamorada. You won%26#39;t be sorry. Also, i hope you pack comfy walking shoes because nothing is REAL close together. FYI




time4wine -



He%26#39;s actually from Irwin. He says Greensburg because no one knows Irwin. I%26#39;ll ask him about White Oak.



I don%26#39;t think he misses it at all. He jokes about moving up there and I say he%26#39;s moving without me. (no offense)



Have an awesome Keys Vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment