Thursday, April 1, 2010

Where do I go????

I will be in Miami later this year and will be staying within10 mins of the airport. What I would like to know is this - if you had to choose between going to Aventura Mall and Sawgrass Mills Mall which would you go to? The emphasis will be on shopping for work and casual clothing and budget is a little tight but not very. Quality matters. Help?!



Where do I go????


Hi Trini friends!





I would suggest Dolphin Mall by the Airport for close comfort and variety - then Sawgrass for the sheer spectacle of it - it%26#39;s huge!!





Aventura Mall is not an outlet mall - it is full retail.





AG



Where do I go????


Thanks alot AG. I%26#39;ll do that! Incidentally, when I went onto MapQuest to get directions for Sawgrass, it indicates that I will have to pay a portions toll. How much is that and do I have to have exact change?




Probably only a dollar ot two US....there should be both lanes with a human to make change (smaller bills preferred) and exact change lanes....





funny, i %26#39;googled%26#39; florida toll roads, and florida%26#39;s turnpike has it%26#39;s own website with a ll the info, including a toll calculator...i assume part of it will be on the urnpike, which i think is also route 95 but i am not sure....also, it may be possible, but slower, to get to sawgrass without using toll roads...i think i did this a few years back...took longer, but free.





try www.floridasturnpike.com







happy shopping...aventura mall is relly nice, but sawgrass is a HUGE outlet complex.....honestly, i would probably check dolphin or aventura to see what full retail prices are, then hit the outlets......also, all the major US retailers like JCPenney, Macys and Sears have websites so you can get an idea bofore you come. JCPenney also has their cataolg ( pretty much everything that is on-line) and they also have an on-line %26#39;outlet%26#39; section......so yo can get a really good idea......(i used to work for JCP) The stuff in their outlet store is generally left over from last year, stuff they couldn%26#39;t sell in stores, slightly damaged or just plain icky! Truthfully, you can probably do better in the regular JCP stores in malls than in the outlets.....i can%26#39;t speak for other outlets, just JCP.







AND all the major stores ALWAYS have huge sales!!!!! You can often look at their newspaper ads/inserts on line too........sometimes stuff is cheaper there than in outlets.......




Thanks Cruisermeg. I will check out that site for tolls info. And I appreciate the heads up about JCP outlet stuff. I guess that pretty much goes for all outlets so I will be on the look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment