Thursday, April 1, 2010

Anna Marie Hotels

I%26#39;m looking for a nice place to stay on the beach that is within walking distance of other places such as beach bars, restaurants, shopping etc. However do not want to be in a real busy tourist area either. Considering Cedar Cove, SeaSide, or Anna Maria Island Beach Resort. I believe Anna Maria Island Beach resort is right next to the public beach and not certain that would be the best place.





Can someone please give some advise on the above hotels as well as what is the best area to stay, Anna Maria, Holmes Beach, or Bradenton Beach area. Looking for beach, sun, ocean and relax for three days with some areas of fun to walk to.





Your insight is greatly appreciated.





Darcy



Anna Marie Hotels


He Darcy, I suggest that you look at the past post for Anna Maria Island forums, there is a lot of good information there. As far as location, Anna Maria Island is only a 7 mile long island, it consist of three communites, Anna Maria, Holmes Beach and Bradenton Beach. Unless you really know the island or watch for the signs I doubt that you will even know which one you are in, they run together. That being said, all of AMI is just beautiful and I am sure you will enjoy it. Depending on what kind of accomodations you like, I would recommend Cedar Cove, Angelina%26#39;s Sea Lodge and Bungalow Beach Resort for the ';Old Florida'; type cottage feel and these are right on the beach. For the more ';resort'; stye I would recommend Tortuga Resort and Tropic Isle. Others that are nice are Queens Gate, SandPebbles and Tradewinds. Seaside is not one of my favorites, I have stayed there but it has limited ammenities, no pool, no tropical foliage, just concrete wall you have to climb over to get to the beach. Anna Maria Island Club is nice but as you said it is near the public beach which will be more crowded.





Which ever you choose, there are plenty of places to eat and drink near by and the free trolley runs until 10:30 at night and will pick you up and drop you off where ever you want.





Have a great visit and if you have any more questions, let us know.



Anna Marie Hotels


Thanks RustyKat.





I have read through many of these post and found great information. I was so excited to find this forum that I posted rather quickly to get my answers and then enjoyed the forum. I appreciate all your information and believe I%26#39;ll try the Cedar Cove. Chatted with them yesterday and think all sounds lovely.





Thanks again.





Darcy




Youare welcome Darcy, I think you will like Cedar Cove, it%26#39;s right on the beach and has a real ';tropical'; feel to it. We stayed in the Mermaid Suite and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment