Saturday, April 3, 2010

Trip to mars .

Does anyone know of a magic motion ride in Epcot called trip to mars , a friend told me after this ride he and his whole family was sick for most of the day . Are there any other rides at Disney that ars similiar and should be avoided . I can take roller coasters but I can%26#39;t take spinning around .



Trip to mars .


They are probably talking about Mission Space, it has extreme G force and makes alot of people sick. My husband usually does not have motion sickness but this ride ruined his entire night at EPCOT. They have an antrance to this ride that is supposed to be less extreme but we never chanced it again. Motion simulators in Disney other than this are body wars also at epcot and star wars at mgm.



Trip to mars .


Yes - you are referring to Mission Space at Epcot and I would suggest you avoid this ride AT ALL COSTS!





My 7 year old son took me on it last year - kept trying to dissuade him in the queue - but he was insistent - and I thought ';how bad can this be, this is Disney after all';!





It was horrendous and I literally fell out of the capsule when the never ending ride stopped. As soon as I saw the sick bags placed between each seat (there are 4 in a capsule) for anyone requiring them, I wanted to get out. Whatever you do, you must not shut your eyes, which is all you really want to do, otherwise you feel a whole lot worse.





I had trouble walking out along the corridor my legs were shaking so much and I had to sit with my head low for near enough half an hour afterwards. Saw plenty of others coming out after me doing the same (strangely didn%26#39;t notice them on the way in?!).





A youngster died on this ride a short while after we tried it - albeit I think he had an underlying heart condition which he was not aware of.





Even if you don%26#39;t suffer from motion sickness, think seriously before going on this ride - it is SEVERE!





Nicky




Very good ride - I have been on it several times %26amp; enjoyed it a lot - I know some people suffer on it - but there are plenty of warnings on the way in - if you do suffer motion sickness, give it a miss. If you don%26#39;t make sure you ride - the G force feeling is amazing %26amp; very very clever.





As for seeing people struggle to walk as they came off - I have never experienced that.




I agree with Stacey, I also enjoyed this ride. We did it first thing in the morning after breakfast and were fine. There are warnings for those with certain health concerns, high blood pressure, heart problems etc. A german lady died during Easter 2006 when we there after riding Mission Space (I think she had high BP). If you have any concerns what so ever I would avoid it. If you are in good health and do not suffer from motion sickness then you have to ride it. It%26#39;s brilliant.




I love Mission Space. The intense ride is really good but if you don%26#39;t like spinning it may make you sick. There is a less intense version you may want to try.




There are two versions of the ride. We went on the Version that didn%26#39;t spin and it was excellent. My 8 year olds favourite ride in Epcot!





Plus the que for this version is a lot shorter!!!




Best ride ever! Can%26#39;t wait to get back next week. Last year I went on it 5 times in one day as there weren%26#39;t many queues. Mind you, once or twice we got delayed because someone had lost their lunch and they had to clean it up!





The key is to look straight ahead when the g-forces hit. Look away and you%26#39;re doomed.




We rode Mission Space. I got sick, was sick all day. I usually don%26#39;t. All it really is is spinning and more spinning with a TV monitor in front of you disorientate you more. I would not go on it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment