Thursday, April 1, 2010

Frozen Mango Daiquiri Recipe from Southernmost House Bar?

Hi all,



Any locals out there who are friends with the bartender at Southernmost House/Musem? We were there in July and had the best to-die-for Mango frozen cocktail (it was a daiquiri, I think) at their pool bar, and we should%26#39;ve paid more attention to what she put in it. I was thinking of calling down there but I thought I%26#39;d try here first. We%26#39;re not sure when we%26#39;ll be able to get back to FL, but this would make a sweet impression on our lives up here in Michigan!!





Thanks!



Frozen Mango Daiquiri Recipe from Southernmost House Bar?


There are two kinds, with or without milk. This is a recipe without it.





3 ounces rum



1 1/2 cups frozen mangoes, cubed



3 tablespoons fresh lime juice



1 ounce triple sec



4 teaspoons sugar



2 cups ice cubes





Blender!





If you do call, Shana should have the recipe for theirs.



Frozen Mango Daiquiri Recipe from Southernmost House Bar?


I don%26#39;t know how they do theirs, but I know how I do my mango drink, which we call a mango smash.





3 parts rum, light or dark, to one part triple sec



1 fresh mango cut up



I use either liquid sweet sour mix or margarita mix that comes in a bottle



and just pour it in the blender to taste



ice, then blend





I%26#39;m sure the fresh lime juice and sugar is really good, but this drink is so refreshing and delish, it vanishes as fast as we can make them, so we just use a mix. We don%26#39;t usually measure either, not too scientific, but I%26#39;ve never had a bad one!! :)





Limey


  • eye shadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment