Monday, December 12, 2011

Best Hotel for a Single Male

Traveling in Feb 08 and needing a nice central place to stay that will be suitable for a single traveller...not that I mind alot of couples, but don%26#39;t want to be over run by them-if this all makes sense-B%26amp;B, Hotel, gay friendly, are all options



Best Hotel for a Single Male


Hi DCA,





Feb is high price season. Do you have a per night budget?





If it was me I would just want a small room and a place with nice grounds and a pool. Westwinds, Eden House, %26amp; Cypress House, would be low end, Pier House, Ocean Key would be high end. Middle or the price range would be Heron House (rooms just off the pool), and Merano%26#39;s (spelling).





PJ



Best Hotel for a Single Male


DCA - If you go to keywest.com and click on ';Places to Stay'; on the left side of the page, it will bring up - among other things - gay-friendly places.




Thanks for your suggestions---




I heard/read good things on Alexander%26#39;s Guest House on Fleming St? considering Marrero%26#39;s Guest Mansion as well




My friend stayed at Marerro%26#39;s last May. I thought it was okay, he had one of the cheapest rooms, but I%26#39;d go for a bigger room. They have a small HH on the deck, pool is clothing optional (really small), and the location is really good. Price is decent.



Now, if you want to stay somewhere quieter, I%26#39;d check rates for La Te Da. It%26#39;s closer to the Atlantic side, but we really liked the rooms. If they are over $180--try somewhere else. We got ours for $100 (time of year), and thought it was a great deal. They have a drag show, a piano bar, and lovely outdoor restaurant/bar.



If you%26#39;ve got serious money, let us know, because other people can help you better options. Sorry, we%26#39;re more ';budget'; people... : )



Avoid Budget Key West on Truman like the plaque.




deanrae--Thanks-more ';budget'; kinda person also-but I still like a place that%26#39;s nice ya know LaTeDa I think was well over 180



the few I have checked have been about 185---I thought in KW do and stay someplace local and not a chain hotel----




Although we never stayed in La te Da, we drank there. Loved the ambience. the rooms around the pool looked nice too. I would definitley do a B %26amp; B




phillygirl17-I would like a B%26amp;B Where have you stayed and or friends enjoyed and would go back to I assume if you are in old town most is walkable and safe




We stayed at Andrews Inn this past time and loved it. There are only 6 rooms, and actually there was a single traveler while we were there. Next time will be at the Key West Harbor Inn. Have not stayed there, but checked it out while there and really liked it.





You wouldn%26#39;t want to stay at the other places we%26#39;ve stayed!!




Let me know what you all think:



Alexander%26#39;s



Marrero%26#39;s Guest Mansion



Eden House

No comments:

Post a Comment